ArchiMate®, an Open Group Standard, is an open and independent modeling language for Enterprise Architecture that is supported by different tool vendors and consulting firms. ArchiMate provides instruments to enable enterprise architects to describe, analyze, and visualize the relationships among business domains in an unambiguous way. This Pocket Guide is based on ArchiMate® 2.1. It gives a concise introduction to ArchiMate. Whats more, its authoritative with material derived from the official ArchiMate documentation.
Topics covered include:
- A high-level introduction to ArchiMate and its relationship to Enterprise Architecture;
- The Business Layer, which includes the modeling concepts relevant in the business domain;
- The Application Layer, which includes modeling concepts relevant for software applications;
- The Technology Layer, which includes modeling concepts relevant for system software applications and infrastructure;
- The relationships that the ArchiMate language includes to model the links between elements, and also the relationships to model the cross-layer dependencies;
- The Motivation Extension;
- The Implementation and Migration Extension;
- The ArchiMate framework for defining and classifying ArchiMate viewpoints, including a summary of all the viewpoints in the ArchiMate 2.1 Standard;
- The ArchiSurance Case Study, a fictitious example developed to illustrate use of the Modeling language in the context of the TOGAF Framework.
Also available: ArchiMate® 3.0 Specification, ISBN 9789401800471